stargazing reflections

I go through this constant battle of being frustrated with my shortcomings and feeding too much into my fears, which makes it hard to believe that my Heavenly Parents truly love me... And then it's hard to pray and get much out of studying the scriptures. Then all over again I have to rediscover my innate worth and get back to believing I am loved no matter what. And it isn't always easy.

Last night (it's morning this side of the world) I went outside and laid under the stars. Few things help me feel closer to heaven than simply looking up at the stars and imagining Them looking down on me. And somehow it brings everything back into perspective. My fears and insecurities are so small in the eternal scheme of things. But in the human scheme of things, they can be paralyzing and overwhelming. And I'm grateful that my Heavenly Parents provide me the help I need to push through them... Especially when I remember who I really am.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
-2 Timothy 1:7

"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you."
-D&C 68:6


Source unknown

Comments