Bukit Batok Nature Park

A little life update: we're in Singapore waiting for Freddy's work visa before we move to Malaysia for a few months for an internship! 

One of my favorite things about Singapore is the trees. They're everywhere, and they're beautiful. One day we were driving and I was staring out the window at all the towering tropical tree beauties lining the road, when I saw a sign: "Bukit Batok Nature Park." Immediately I wanted to go there. This is my third time to Singapore, but somehow I haven't seen much of its nature side.

So today, we went to the glorious Bukit Batok Nature Park. Freddy's dad dropped us off and then we made the trek up the steep hill and then down into the jungle-like trail, quickly getting winded and sticky. But we shouldered on. And the payoff was beyond worth it.

Living in a big city (Paris) for a year really makes you appreciate nature—or even long for it. These days I'm definitely at the longing end of the spectrum, but the views at the nature park filled me right up.

Singapore, I look forward to uncovering many more of your hidden gems. 






Comments