illustrating gratitude.
A year ago, I embarked on the adventure of photographing a different stranger each day for 100 days. I started the project because I was feeling blue and needed something to help get me outside of myself and to really just feel happy again. (You can see the project here. Thankfully my photo skills have improved since...)
At the beginning of this year, I started feeling a need for another such project, but I wanted to do an illustration project instead: one where I illustrate something simple that brightened my day each day for 100 days.
I was going to make an Instagram account for it so I could share it with others, but in the end just decided to do the project for myself and to document it in my journal. I've had a goal in the past to write in my journal and record how I saw God's hand in my life each day, but often would forget to do so or just felt too tired at night. Illustrating, however, somehow makes me more excited to record the little tender mercies from each day.
In case you've felt somewhat gloomy and bogged down and need something to lift your spirits: grab your journal, write the date, and doodle something that brightened your day. Include a description if you like. Keep doing this (for 100 days or however long you desire) and I can pretty much guarantee that it will make a difference in your happy feels.
The great part about this project is that you don't have to be an incredible artist because you're doing it for YOU and just you. Of course, you can share it, but there's no pressure to create some amazing work of art or something. It's just for fun. And it gives you the added bonus of recognizing the small, but wonderful things in your life that help you see that God is there for you.
Alright, I'm out. Cue a goofy photo of myself.
At the beginning of this year, I started feeling a need for another such project, but I wanted to do an illustration project instead: one where I illustrate something simple that brightened my day each day for 100 days.
The great part about this project is that you don't have to be an incredible artist because you're doing it for YOU and just you. Of course, you can share it, but there's no pressure to create some amazing work of art or something. It's just for fun. And it gives you the added bonus of recognizing the small, but wonderful things in your life that help you see that God is there for you.
Alright, I'm out. Cue a goofy photo of myself.

Comments