the honest truth.

You wanna know what my dream is? What I really want to do?

Create media that inspires and brings people closer to Christ.


It sounds cheesy, but that's all I really want to do. That 's why I use Instagram and Facebook and blogging... I just hope that in some small way, the things I create or the way I live my life will help people want to find more light in their lives.


Which is ironic because lately I've been somewhat depressed and struggling to find light myself, or at least to find it AND hold on to it.


#thestrugglesofaperfectionist



It's funny because I've come to grips with not doing perfectly in my schoolwork and photography and what not, but when it comes to my spirituality, I'm kind of unintentionally brutal with myself.

I long for the months before my mission where I felt so much clarity and peace and understanding... My mission, too. And ever since then it seems like things have been foggy. Yes, there have been blips where the clouds have opened and I felt some light... Only for the clouds to return again.

It's okay, you can tell me to go see a therapist. Nothing I haven't told myself before.

But for me, my therapy is creating. And sharing. So that's why you see me here and there, sharing. And hoping the things that bring me light bring you some light too. 

Sharing can be scary sometimes... I was considering starting a 100-day illustration/gratitude project but then I just felt silly and stopped myself in my tracks. Why would I stray from photography? I can't even illustrate well anyway. 

Freddy and I even filmed a little video that we thought we could share and make people smile.

Basically, I'm considering all outlets and trying to figure out what God would have me do to bring more light to more people... Or maybe He is perfectly content with me just bringing some extra light to you. Right now.

I'm okay with that.

Behold thou hast a gift, and blessed art thou because of thy gift. Remember it is sacred and cometh from above—
And if thou wilt inquire, thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous; therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift, that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth.
-Doctrine & Covenants 6:10-11

Comments

Lekili said…
When do we get to see your video? Please?