LED flasher.

Two years ago I hesitantly made my way to the open house for the Technology Engineering Education major. I couldn't seem to escape the major and they were so overly enthused about it and the open house that there was no way I could turn them down. Plus they had free pizza! So I went.

They all seemed like nerds. I wanted to be in the HFAC making art forever and ever -- but somehow it didn't feel right to be there.

As I looked around at these peculiar people, so happy about building robots and strange gizmos, I felt something. 

I saw the electronics professor, a wide-eyed, smiling, tall, middle-aged man. Somehow I felt in his classroom that day that at some point he would be part of my life. I tried to shrug off the feeling because it seemed weird... But I didn't forget it.


______

Today I stood outside of this same professor's classroom. I was feeling insecure, overwhelmed, anxious, and vulnerable, and I had no desire to go in and ask for help on my circuit board. I wanted to go home and cry on the floor. But something compelled me to walk, open the heavy door, and say hello and humbly ask for some help. 

And he just smiled.

He took a look at my circuit board and said, "Hey, you're not too far off! We can get this fixed in no time."

Somehow within seconds my anxiety was relieved and replaced with glimmers of hope and growing confidence. And in less than an hour my board was working with no problems. 

As I walked out of his classroom, I couldn't contain my grin. 


I am exactly where I am supposed to be. 


Comments