college life.

I'm currently in my dorm... at BYU. Does that seem weird to anyone? I mean, I graduated from Bountiful High a little over month ago. And now, here I am in my third week as a freshman at the Y. And midterms are next week. Yeah.

But as bizarre as it is that I'm now a college student, nothing feels more right than to have started school this summer. I could feel that the day I moved in, and I've felt it every day since. I love this place. I've waited for my entire life for my chance to go to BYU, and I'm finally here. And I'm loving [nearly] every minute of it. 

I know you're just itching to see some photos, so I guess I'll indulge you. 

Moving day! This is my new go-to pose. Super attractive if you ask me. 

So um... Hopefully there aren't any creepers out there who are going to try to figure out where I live based on this picture... But isn't my room kinda fun? (I spy: an Avengers pillowcase, a paper airplane, Nielsen's Frozen Custard, and a Spock bobble head. That's what's up.) 

Three of these were given to me by my lovely sister Sarah. She's the bomb. 


Herman Leonard took photos of jazz musicians and a few of them are currently on display at the MOA. I love they way he described his mission as a photographer.

Just me being super artsy at the MOA, one of my absolute favorite places on campus. 

More MOA glory. 

Favorite statue on campus right here. It's in the middle of the Joseph Smith Building (where religion classes are taught) in this miniature sacred grove. Makes me so happy.

Oh, the bell tower. Gotta love it.

This is terrible quality... But what you are seeing is a couple hundred freshmen gathered in a tunnel near the Marriott Center singing hymns. This happens every Sunday at 10pm and it's so, so cool to be in the middle of it.

I got to spend a few days with Jed's family at their cabin in Idaho! Haven't had that much fun in a while. This is us on the drive up. 

Waiting in line for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at Playmill Theatre. I don't think we could be any more attractive. The show was killer, by the way. Best performance I've seen of it by far.

The scenery in Idaho took my breath away on a regular basis. Ho. ly. cow. I was in heaven.



I think it rained every night we were there. And we loved it!

Back in Provo... Got some shave ice with my FHE family. It was much prettier than it tasted, unfortunately... I guess I'm just more of an ice cream gal. 

I sailed newspaper boats for a date the other night and just about died from giddiness (the ducks were definitely a factor in that). 

Yucky smoggy haze from the fires in Nevada, we're guessing. You couldn't see any detail on the mountains for a day or two. Kinda trippy. 

I took this photo and the next one for my Intro to Photography class. My professor loooved them, and I was ecstatic to say the least. (do click on them)

My professor called this one a "dynamite portrait." And he only uses the word "dynamite" when he really likes something. You guys, I just about died.


I can just hear my mom saying, "Mar, I want to see pictures of YOU!" Sorry about that. I'll try to get a few more of me in the future. But for now, I think I'll go finish studying for my midterms. Woot woot. (I know you're jealous.)

Comments

Great blog post Marz!! Love the pics.
mildred said…
I looove these pictures. I wish my boys would sit still for your camera.
Lekili said…
I adore you! I am so incredibly happy and thankful that you are right where you should be having the exact experience you needed. Heavenly Father definitely loves you!
Lekili said…
You're spoiling us with all your amazing pics and thoughts. Keep it coming! Pleeease!
No wonder he was dying over those pics-they're amazing:) Glad you're having so much fun at college. We miss seeing you but are glad you're loving it.
Unknown said…
dynamite is right!! love, love love, love.