handsome scholar.
The conversation went like this:
Me: Hey Ashley, want to be my twin for Twin Day (when you find a friend and dress similarly)?
Ashley: I would love to be your twin... Now... What do we dress as?
Me: Hmm... Do you want to do something goofy or something relatively normal?
Ashley: Maryn... I just had a sudden urge to dress like Mr. Harris...
In case you are unaware, Mr. Harris is the AP American teacher at our school. He is probably the greatest teacher and man ever. He's in his sixties and has a hankering for the phrase "handsome scholar," and he also has an extremely distinct dressing style.
As soon as I received the text from Ashley, I knew there was no sense in trying to dissuade her. That's just how Ashley is. When she gets an idea like that, she sticks to it. And of course I couldn't let her down, so... That night, I found myself hurrying to find a Harris-esque outfit. And today, I wore that outfit.
BEHOLD.
Me: Hey Ashley, want to be my twin for Twin Day (when you find a friend and dress similarly)?
Ashley: I would love to be your twin... Now... What do we dress as?
Me: Hmm... Do you want to do something goofy or something relatively normal?
Ashley: Maryn... I just had a sudden urge to dress like Mr. Harris...
In case you are unaware, Mr. Harris is the AP American teacher at our school. He is probably the greatest teacher and man ever. He's in his sixties and has a hankering for the phrase "handsome scholar," and he also has an extremely distinct dressing style.
As soon as I received the text from Ashley, I knew there was no sense in trying to dissuade her. That's just how Ashley is. When she gets an idea like that, she sticks to it. And of course I couldn't let her down, so... That night, I found myself hurrying to find a Harris-esque outfit. And today, I wore that outfit.
BEHOLD.
This photo just doesn't do it justice. Especially for Ashley's. She nailed it. So here's another one of Ashley for you:
![]() |
| (taken from Ashley's Facebook profile) |
Twin Day = the best day.

Comments