the critical period.
this is when I connect things I've learned from school with my life. you've been warned.
You're all somewhat familiar with American history, right? Well, here's a mini history lesson for you.
During the 1780's, just after the United States gained its independence from England, the country entered what is referred to as the Critical Period. The country's very existence rested on these years. It was time for the people to prove themselves. They formed the Articles of Confederation, the country's government during those years. It held them together until they realized the need for something greater. The Founding Fathers then wrote the Constitution in 1787, allowing the United States to come closer to its true potential.
You're probably wondering why I'm telling all of this to you right now. I'll tell you why.
1. AP American is a large part of my life right now. These little facts about US history are constantly shooting around in my head.
And, the reason for this post...
2. I feel like I'm in my own "critical period" right now.
And I'll tell you why.
Lately I've been having this overwhelming feeling that these last months of the school year are going to define how the next few years of my life are going to pan out. The decisions I'm making now in a large way will determine the person I will be these next few years.
Example:
I chose to apply for Historian. I worked my rear end off on my portfolio. I did my best in my interview. And it paid off -- I was chosen for Historian for next year.
Right now I can't quite see the effects of this decision, but I can already tell that the person I am now will change a great deal in this next coming school year. I'll be working with so many wonderful people and I'll have dozens of opportunities to improve myself as well as the school.
Then there's Chamber. This will also be a huge thing for me my senior year. Plus I got a leadership position in BCYC (if you can call the Lobbyist a leadership position, which apparently they do). And countless other things.
Where I'm getting at is this -- I feel like this time in my life, this time when I'm making so many decisions about my future, is key in shaping who I want to become. I honestly feel like I've been led to do certain things, and that those certain things are meant for me and that they will make me who I'm supposed to be.
Just like the United States during the Critical Period. The Articles of Confederation was a start for them, and a good one. But it was the stepping stone to an even bigger thing -- the Constitution, which is what makes the United States what it is. Am I making sense?
Look at that, all these AP classes I'm taking actually apply to my personal life... Crazy.
You're all somewhat familiar with American history, right? Well, here's a mini history lesson for you.
During the 1780's, just after the United States gained its independence from England, the country entered what is referred to as the Critical Period. The country's very existence rested on these years. It was time for the people to prove themselves. They formed the Articles of Confederation, the country's government during those years. It held them together until they realized the need for something greater. The Founding Fathers then wrote the Constitution in 1787, allowing the United States to come closer to its true potential.
You're probably wondering why I'm telling all of this to you right now. I'll tell you why.
1. AP American is a large part of my life right now. These little facts about US history are constantly shooting around in my head.
And, the reason for this post...
2. I feel like I'm in my own "critical period" right now.
And I'll tell you why.
Lately I've been having this overwhelming feeling that these last months of the school year are going to define how the next few years of my life are going to pan out. The decisions I'm making now in a large way will determine the person I will be these next few years.
Example:
I chose to apply for Historian. I worked my rear end off on my portfolio. I did my best in my interview. And it paid off -- I was chosen for Historian for next year.
Right now I can't quite see the effects of this decision, but I can already tell that the person I am now will change a great deal in this next coming school year. I'll be working with so many wonderful people and I'll have dozens of opportunities to improve myself as well as the school.
Then there's Chamber. This will also be a huge thing for me my senior year. Plus I got a leadership position in BCYC (if you can call the Lobbyist a leadership position, which apparently they do). And countless other things.
Where I'm getting at is this -- I feel like this time in my life, this time when I'm making so many decisions about my future, is key in shaping who I want to become. I honestly feel like I've been led to do certain things, and that those certain things are meant for me and that they will make me who I'm supposed to be.
Just like the United States during the Critical Period. The Articles of Confederation was a start for them, and a good one. But it was the stepping stone to an even bigger thing -- the Constitution, which is what makes the United States what it is. Am I making sense?
Look at that, all these AP classes I'm taking actually apply to my personal life... Crazy.
Song of the past couple of weeks: "It's Only Life" by The Shins.
Comments
Love you!!