inside-out.
I was reading a blog I just recently discovered (this one) when I came across a little how-to (this one) the lady wrote. An inside-out braid?! Fascinating! I thought.
Of course, I read the how-to. Didn't make much sense to me the first time around, but when I read it again, it made a little more sense. One sentence seemed particularly revelatory:
But instead of doing a typical french braid, do it inside out…you do this by braiding under instead of over.
Did you notice the "under instead of over" part? Yup, I did too. Then I realized something.
I'VE BEEN DOING IT UNDER INSTEAD OF OVER EVER SINCE I FIRST LEARNED HOW TO BRAID.
No wonder my attempts at a French braid or any type of braid never seemed to look quite right. I've been doing it wrong all these years!
Heavens to Betsy, right?
Actually, it isn't that bad. Inside-out braids actually look pretty cool. But is it not a little weird that I've been doing it backwards all these years? I think so.
Night, everybody.
Of course, I read the how-to. Didn't make much sense to me the first time around, but when I read it again, it made a little more sense. One sentence seemed particularly revelatory:
But instead of doing a typical french braid, do it inside out…you do this by braiding under instead of over.
Did you notice the "under instead of over" part? Yup, I did too. Then I realized something.
I'VE BEEN DOING IT UNDER INSTEAD OF OVER EVER SINCE I FIRST LEARNED HOW TO BRAID.
No wonder my attempts at a French braid or any type of braid never seemed to look quite right. I've been doing it wrong all these years!
Heavens to Betsy, right?
Actually, it isn't that bad. Inside-out braids actually look pretty cool. But is it not a little weird that I've been doing it backwards all these years? I think so.
Night, everybody.
Comments